Sunday, April 30, 2006

Post Incident

I am back on a bike again. It took about 2 months to recover 90% from foot injury. Still, the wound is not fully covered by hard skin. In fact, I realize now that the wound was deep enough to affect the foot muscle during the accident. Thus, that explains why it was not bleeding. The foot bones are still reluctant to get together in harmony, a bit painful once squeezed under tight shoes. This is the price for not being careful while riding!

Well, got myself a good bicycle now instead. Halim negotiated hard for a good price from Apek in Sungai Buloh. Halim seems to believe that we could do a trip on bicycle to Kuala Selangor. A bit too ambitious I think! My wife laugh when I told her this morning! In fact, I did a short warm up trip around Ara Damansara for an hour. I believed that I was doing more than 10 km's..... a bit too much for a warm up of 39 yr old engine! Of course, I had to pretend that I was not out of breath to push market troly at the market (Pasar Tani).

Today, I did another stroll. Men at my age do aim high and only the truth prevails. I decided to cycle to Sungai Buloh but once I reached the old Terminal One Subang Airport, I realized that I could not beat my target. Help! I really needed an ice lemon tea or anything that makes my thirst quenched! May be I should ride my CBR instead! From my point of view, I agree with the CEO of Shell that world will continue to rely on fossil fuel for decades to come. Forget about our muscle energy.. it's not for Malaysian weather!! Hot, hot, hot...haiyyaaaa...

1 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Blogger Azad said...

Banyak cantek itu basikal. Bila boleh kayuh sama2?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home